Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LNA Design @ 2.4 GHz using Serenade....Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinavs

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf simulation serenade

Hey man I am pretty new to this field and my professor has given me this task. I have to design an amplifier at 2.4 GHz using FR-4 i.e epsilonr=4.4 and h=1.6 mm.

Further I need to design this amplifier with matching n biasing network for GSM (900 MHz) frequency.

I need to do all this on Serenade. I tried out several tutorials but i m unable to understand how to design the amplifier.

I will be thankfull if you can lemme know how to go abt it.

I will be grtful if you can mail me the simulation files, if in case u have alrady attempted this problem.

mail me at : mailsforabhinav@gmail.com

Hoping for your kind help,
Abhinav

2.4ghz lna

Hi,

We need more details regarding the specification of your LNA: Gain, NF... to be able to help you.

regards.

2.4ghz lna design

what is the transistor u will use ? , check the application notes of www.avagotech.com
and the book of gonzales , it is very important for LNA design

khouly

design 2.4ghz lna

well specifications are

gain > 10dB
Noise Figure < 2-3 dB
BW of 100 MHz btween 2.4 GHz to 2.5 GHz

BJT AT-31011 cabe used, however my professor said you r free to choose any.

Rest i m too weak in this field , i myself dont know wat to use.

Pllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Help

design of 2.5ghz lna

Hello All,

I need the help on the problem urgently. If anyone of you have any sort of help for me regarding the 2.4 GHz LNA design, kindly lemme know. Mail me the serenade simulation files to mailsforabhinav@gmail.com

schematic lna ghz

check the tutorials given on this forum

I think this will help you.
best of luck
Abhishekabs

serenade simulation

I need to submit a report for my degree, which is regarding 2.4 GHz LNA design.

My prof has asked me to design the LNA using "Serenade", also I have to use FR4 substrate i.e. epsilonr=4.4 and h=1.6 mm. Other specifications he asked me to meet are:
gain > 10dB
Noise Figure < 2-3 dB
BW of 100 MHz btween 2.4 GHz to 2.5 GHz

BJT AT-31011 can be used, however my professor said you r free to choose any.

I look to you for some help. If in case smone can mail me his/her simulation files that will be of great help to me and get rid of this course.

I am really in trouble coz this is really not a field of my interest, but I need to complete this for my degree.

Lemme know if you can be of help to me, exact specifications doesnt matter at this point of time.

Looking for your kind help,
Thanx in advance,
Abhinav

Added after 2 minutes:

I am absolutely new to this subject and I dont have enough insight in the subject, that I can do this in a few dayz. I need some help. If anyone can help me on this, I will be thankful to him forever.

Regards,
Abhinav

lna atf54143

u need to read alittile about rf amp design , in some book and u can folow this tutorial
**broken link removed**

khouly

abhinavs

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
amplifier design serenade

designing LNA is skilled full job.
it takes a time.
you have to do your self.
we can guide you if u face any difficulties while designing,simulating or fabricating.
at least read the links given by us.
best of luck.

900mhz lna design tutorial

y can use the MGA53543 to design the NF=2~3,GAIN>10dB and f=2.4~2.5G,it is easy,
if y want to design the nf<1dB lna,use the ATF54143 OR atf55143,it is easy

lna for 2.4 ghz circuits

Hello Frnds,

I am going through a report over net. That report shows the schematic for a LNA designed on 2.4 GHz. I have already gone through the basic tutorials of Serenade. Can anyone kindly tell the components labelled OS1 in the figure.

I have attached the same with this post. Also why is thr a file attached with the 2-port thing. That file is some .s2p file. Can someone plz tell me the details of this simulations.

how to do biasing in serenade

i think the OS1 is open circuit stub used for matching
with the transmission lines

khouly

serenade + rf design

Thanks Khouly for the details. However I am facing various problems which simulation the same on serenade.

First of all I am unable to find the open circuit stub in serenade, which needs W and P as input, i found one which asks for Z and P as input.

Secondly, in transmission lines wat should be label. I left default 'sub' thr but while analysis it was giving problem.

Thirdly, in the 2 port a gave device name as 'at31011' but what should be the file. In the figure its shown at31011.s2p but I dont have any such file. Also further there are other parameteres i need to fill in the 2 port table. Can someone tell me the details for the same.

I know I am unale to do anything [:)] but kindly help me through.

Regards,
Abhinav

Added after 1 minutes:

If not a problem can someone kindly send me a serenade simulation file of the schematic I have posted. I can build my further schematics taking your simulation file as the base.

Thankx in advance,
Abhinav

Added after 8 minutes:

Similarly I am trying to simulate example 4, on page number 9 of the following file:

**broken link removed**

thr again in the 2 port device, thr we can see device as FET11_3 and file px11_3.flp. Now where to put the .flp file. However in the document the content of the .flp file is also given.

Kindly help me in any one of the simulations. Any one simulation will be enough for me.

Regards,
Abhinav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back