Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LMB162ADC LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

madusanka

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear frnds,,i bought 'LMB162ADC' LCD display and i tried several times to run this display .but every time its failed. when i simulate in proteus it's working soomthly..
when i made that one only backlight is ON but no any characters there..even there are no change when i adjust brightness..

plz help anyone..i realy stuck with this...:cry:

post your circuit , code here for quick help.. try to put pull resistor for the port pins. and add 10K pot to pin 3, in case you have missed out.

i connect the LCD display without any pull-up resistors. and i forget to draw 10k pot in schematic .plz check connection of this.
58_1296783814_thumb.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

i also dont see pull up resistors at every prot pin... you are connecting lcd without port pin. the value of pull up should be 10K..

Proteus is just a simulator. you will get output for program. but in real life scenerio you might have to adjust delay as it is not a constant value for all the LCD,,,

please try and tell me..

do you see black boxes in lcd when you tune the pot for contrast adjustment.

if no change the lcd

Follow the waveform in the attached datasheet and you should have no problems. Also, wait for at least 200uS between any two successive commands.

The stratup sequence is as follow:
1- Function Set
2- Display Control
3- Return Home
4- Write Data

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• LCD - LMB162ADC.pdf
    182.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: MRAMA

MRAMA

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
I need to display some wave form( sine wave) on the LCD .. can any one suggest LOW cost lcd ,? which can display the waeforms ?

Thanks
Ravee

Hi,
I need to display some wave form( sine wave) on the LCD .. can any one suggest LOW cost lcd ,? which can display the waeforms ?

You can use any old/broken cell phone LCD or, you can check this website Digi-Key

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back