Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lm2907 frequency to voltage converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

madiger

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to build a circuit that convert frequency into a voltage, and the LM2907 circuit on page 16 of the **broken link removed** seems to do the trick. The frequency range is 0 to 2.5kHz, and i want to maintain the linearity and response time, but the circuit in the datasheet doesnt produce a wide enough range of voltage. Would I be able to broaden the scale of the output voltage range if I ran the LM2907 output through an op amp?

I also thought about changing the Vcc value to 28VDC and changing the R1 value from 100K to 143K. Using the Vo formula they provide [Vo = Vcc * Fin * C1 * R1] it seems like i'd get an output voltage range from 0 to 10V at max frequency (2.5kHz). A wider range like this seems like it would produce results more accurately describing the frequency, but i dont want to lose the linearity or response time by changing the components too much.

i dont know, whats the best method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back