Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM2101 output waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniyalijaz

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using LM2101 to drive the gate of irf520, the ic generates perfect square wave output at 1MHz but when i connect it to the gate its waveform distorts. any suggestions...

i have attached the circuit that i am trying to drive.
thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 56

I don't know the LM2101: what is it ? However where do you measure the distorted waveform, at the output of the LM2012 (gate of IRF520) or at the output of the circuit (I presume the 50 ohm resistor) ?
In the first case, take into account that the IRF520 has a quite high input capacitance (350 pF), it could be that LM2101 is not able to drive it or its output impedance is too high (roughly 10 harmonics have to pass to have a good squarewave). You can try to connect the output of the LM2101 to a capacitor of 390 pF to ground and see if the distorsion appears; if not the problem is not the input capacitance of the MOSFET.

i am checking the output at the gate of the mosfet, i am having problem with the driving signal.i will try connecting the capacitor and get back to you..

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

lm2101 is a gate driving IC.

- - - Updated - - -

lm2101 is a gate driving IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.