Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LLC converter with variable output voltage 0..10VDC @1.7kW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see a multi-stage solution doing LLC->48V with many buck phases following.

But I don't see that winning against a single phase shifted full bridge stage in terms of efficiency.

Though it opens up the possibility of buying one or both stages off the shelf:
**broken link removed**

Followed by these:
https://www.vicorpower.com/dc-dc-converters-board-mount/cool-power-pi33xx-and-pi34xx

You're not going to beat that in terms of size or design cost.
[Just noticed that treez also suggested vicor]

The output voltage is 10V at 500A(?)
The PSFB’s have a vin of ~400V.
So three PSFB’s (one from each phase path), with 10V output, each deliver about 165A.
I think the transformer needed to do this wouldn’t be from an offtheshelf standard type. This transformer, the core and bobbin, would need to be custom made…which is doable, but costly.
Also, I think you would have to look at custom flat conductors for this transformer…specially made and costly. What are your predicted sales volumes?

For how long at a time is this converter on full power?

Status
Not open for further replies.