Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LLC Converter with resonant tank in secondary side of Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

siedamout

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am new in LLC converter design. I was wondering Is it possible that the resonant tank is placed in the secondary side of transformer ? For example if I wanna use my capacitor in the secondary side as resonant tank ( I use voltage doubler configuration for secondary side) while in the primary side I only have inductor.

you will need an extra ac choke on the o/p side if you wish to do this...

I think it may be possible depending on how you connect your secondary. If you use a center tapped secondary with two diodes, then it won't work because then the cap would be in series with at least one of the rectifiers. With a full bridge output rectifier I think it should be doable.

you can do a "normal" LLC with L and C on primary, or you can do a "symmetrical" LLC with L and C on both pri and sec, but not with an L in pri and the C in the sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.