Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lithium Iron Battery Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatman9

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
These are increasingly becoming popular at my company and one of our guys has been tasked with trying to blow one up, or at least start a small fire using any method he can think of short of straping thermite to it. Thus far he has only caused heat increases but no fire, and I was curious if anyone knows how to pop one of these?

note, I am talking about Lithium IRON, not Lithium ION

Assuming you are talking about LiFePO4 why would you expect it to explode? **broken link removed**

Keith

Based on some unsupported warnings, like **broken link removed**, I would start with a fully discharged battery and try to charge it at a high rate (>3C) or uncontrolled rate.

John

Two aspects may cause explosion:
1, long-term overcharge and discharge lead the battery internal pressure to close the critical state;
2, the relief valve fail to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back