Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lithium ion battery protection IC not able to drive MOSFET

oppel

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to make a laser distance meter project that works with a Li-ion battery.

In order to keep the voltage of the Li-ion battery at a certain level, I used an integrated circuit (AP9101CK6-AYTRG1) that protects the Li-ion battery in my circuit. Unfortunately, the circuit I created with this integrated circuit does not work.
1.png

The circuit in the integrated datasheet is the image above, but when doing research on the integrated

When I researched drawn circuits, the circuit I created is as shown in the image below.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

I confirmed with both a multimeter and an oscilloscope that there was no voltage coming to the MOSFETs. Why do you think the Mosfets do not turn on? Where might I have made a mistake in the connection or how can I make this integrated work? Can anyone who has used this integrated device or has experience help me?

Has your battery sufficient voltage? Do you understand power-down mode? Charger connection (external voltage) required to start operation.

Has your battery sufficient voltage? Do you understand power-down mode? Charger connection (external voltage) required to start operation.
Li-ion battery operates between 3.7 V – 4.2 V. There is no problem in the power connection part of the circuit. I tried to operate the circuit by both inserting a Li-ion battery and applying voltage through the power supply, but it did not work.

Hi,

the circuit shows "how you want it to be" .. but we need to see how it really is.

--> show us:
* PCB layout
* photos of your ciruit with all the wiring

Maybe there is a soldering error.

In either case:
Please use a voltmeter and measure (all w.r.t. VSS of the IC)
* VDD
* DO
* CO
* VM
.. and show us the results

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back