Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

list of programs.............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool01

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys i want to become expert in coding and programming and it is said reading books don't help me in becoming expert so can anyone provide me the site or give me the list of programs or assignments to develop logic and become expert in coding ..................................

thank you

you can't become quickly an expert - from my own experience and from what I see around you need at least 8-10 years hard work and hundreds of projects before you could become close to what "expert" is.

And unfortunately you need good guidance, otherwise you can try hard and there will be no results.

In whch particular area you want to become an "expert"?

need to start program from basics, and
if you want to become expert then dont refer any readymade programs or textbooks or links.. write the program yourself.. get as many errors as possible, and try to remove them without anyone's help...

Reactions: cool01

cool01

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

cool01

i want to become expert in c and java coding but today my situation is i am finding difficulties even in understanding ready made programs and i want to become expert maximum in 6 months not in 8 years ..............thats why i am asking you guys ............... if you know some smart and intelligent way to deal with it.................in my class their are students who dont study for a second but still are toppers of class and very sound in coding ........................i dont know how they do these unbelievable miracles and how they are aware of everything.................

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

from where i get good guidance you people are only my guidance i dont have faith on local class and professional institutes.................my colleage and company experts say if you want to be an expert you have to or you should do everything on your own dont take anyone help...................and i have the habit of taking help and many times i found myself dependent.....................whom i must listen.....................

Easy... Listen to both.

Start today with the simplest project you may imagine and try to write its code. First, you will get plenty of error messages (as it happens to me even after 30 years programming when I work on a new project for the first time). Then it will be up to you to play a challenging game by discovering the exit door for each error message or you can ask an old player to show it to you :)

Kerim

Personal:
When I was a student I used to study just one lesson/chapter ahead (in every book we had). So in every class session, I knew in advance what the lecture is about. Therefore the majority in my class used to think that I am ‘all knowledge’ though I was ahead of them just a few meters in this race :grin:

Last edited:

cool01

I can only say that to learn coding in any language you need first of all experience in the programming logic.
If you are experienced in the logic and the structure of a program then it is much easier to work with new languages but if you are learning programming for the fist time then it will take a lot of time.
Wanting something and accomplishing it are two different things, just because you want to be an expert in 6 months is doesn't mean that it is possible too.
Whenever you switch to a new language it takes time to master it , in time you will find new tricks and you will make your own set of functions that will speed up your program development.
For now start with simple programs and see how it goes, then you can start adding new features to make then more complicated.

Alex

thank you
i know the thing that he know in advance but those guys spend their most of their time with me or playing or making fun party .........so i was little surprised anyway that is not a serious issue .i want to do everything on my own but i do ask people because they are experienced they know the tricks and the most practical and easy ways to they problem and i found those thing don't even come to my mind ,i was surprised whether this thing could also be done this way...................one more thing i have not done program in c or c++ much but today i am working on java i found java language much easy..............but my logic are very bad ..............while i code i end up in hard coding and very complicated coding...............so thought whether i should do coding in c and c++...............even i find it difficult to understand the ready made codes...............can you guys help me please.............what is my demand is i want to learn and gain the tricks and skills you have gained over time....................

need to start program from basics, and
if you want to become expert then dont refer any readymade programs or textbooks or links.. write the program yourself.. get as many errors as possible, and try to remove them without anyone's help...

I agree with you sir.. this is the only way to become a expert..

thank you
i have seen that i am very much sound with the theory part infact i get bored while i read the language whether it is c or c++ or java as i am aware of whole theory and minute details but i am not intelligent enough to do best coding and even i am not smart in using the theory because i make very silly mistake i was .............

i have ready that variables must be deckared once but still i made the mistake of declaring it twice or even few aspect i couldn't of theory i couldn't judge what is the significance of that aspect of theory ...........and when i commited this kind of mistake i feel i don't know anything...............

even if you ask me about maths theory i am aware of those theory but which formula where it should be used and which method will give me result that part i am couldn't make out

in short i want to be good in solving problem and developing things but i have ended up only in theory knowledge...................i want to or develop problem solving skills and using theory smart and intelligent way

i want to develop logic and application part of theory..........

coding does not depend on only on how much you read, but how do you think, how much dedicated to work
and use google wikipedia and forums. Read things without any boundary.
Don't think that it is not my topic why should i read this much....
it is impossible that some one intelligent expert without reading. they may be playing but they must be reading also.

and the last thing is sometimes being selective is the common method to win but
it is not best for alltime.

cool01

@cool01
The worst thing which could happen to someone is not to believe in his own intellectual power hence consider to withdraw anytime he faces a difficulty while playing a scientific game.

In the far past when I was a student, I had to write the required programs one instruction per card (for an old computer running old Fortran) and to wait, after submitting the cards, for the next day to get the results; actually to get the error messages showing my silly mistakes. :wink: I used to be very shy for not being fast in getting the final good results so I asked my teacher what to do (when I was a graduate student). His answer was: "Don't worry how long you may take while working on something as long you will get what you look for. Did I tell you that, I couldn't solve yet in my own way the problem that took you about 2 months and you are shy of".

Since a long time, I didn't feel the need to play challenging PC games because my work, writing software and designing hardware, is indeed full of real games, each has many hidden doors to be found before reaching its treasure :smile:
And to really enjoy the play, I used to do it in my own way always (after reading the basic rules) while insisting to find the hidden treasure, even by using ALL the resources the actual game provides and no matter how long this may take :grin: ... In worst case, I may be content to get just a good part of a well hidden treasure :roll:

Kerim

Last edited:

cool01

>>i want to become expert in c and java coding but today my situation is i am finding difficulties even in understanding ready made programs and i want to become expert maximum in 6 months not in 8 years

Sorry to disappoint you but if somebody promise you that he can make you an expert in 6 months he is simply not telling you the truth. Remember that the tree which is growing too fast has weak wood and breaks easy. Chasing impossible targets will end up with depression and melancholy, that's for sure. Just calm down and accept it.

cool01

>>i want to become expert in c and java coding but today my situation is i am finding difficulties even in understanding ready made programs and i want to become expert maximum in 6 months not in 8 years

Sorry to disappoint you but if somebody promise you that he can make you an expert in 6 months he is simply not telling you the truth. Remember that the tree which is growing too fast has weak wood and breaks easy. Chasing impossible targets will end up with depression and melancholy, that's for sure. Just calm down and accept it.

package je3.basics;

/**
* This class is much like the FizzBuzz class, but uses a switch statement
* instead of repeated if/else statements
**/
public class FizzBuzz2 {
public static void main(String[ ] args) {
for(int i = 1; i <= 100; i++) { // count from 1 to 100
switch(i % 35) { // What's the remainder when divided by 35?
case 0: // For multiples of 35...
System.out.print("fizzbuzz "); // print "fizzbuzz".
break; // Don't forget this statement!
case 5: case 10: case 15: // If the remainder is any of these
case 20: case 25: case 30: // then the number is a multiple of 5
System.out.print("fizz "); // so print "fizz".
break;
case 7: case 14: case 21: case 28: // For any multiple of 7...
System.out.print("buzz "); // print "buzz".
break;
default: // For any other number...
System.out.print(i + " "); // print the number.
break;
}
}
System.out.println( );
}
}

this kind of logic is not coming in my mind...........same thing i would have done in other way might be very crude way...............then how to learn all this logic or know all this logic.............this is my problem..............i want solution to it.............their might be hundreds of way out but which is the best or which one i should choose is the problem.how to approach the things.............how to find the solution ...............or which is the best solution i am not aware or i dont know.........

On my side, when I design something... I just make it to work the way it is requested even if I can do it with addition and subtraction only :twisted: My customers won't ask me 'how' I did their product as long it works fine for them.

But when I was a student (too long ago) I had to please my teachers who kept asking us to be perfect in almost everything we learn and apply. It was a good time but I feel better now with my new judges; the customers :grin:

My advice for you is you find first one solution in the least about each problem (or case) that you understand very well. Only then you may try to go on and find if there is one or more methods that achieve the same results. But now you can't avoid learning how to answer some specific questions that your lecturers might ask you about. But believe me, sooner or later you will be free and do a very good job as well... even if you will apply well just 10% of what you learnt.

Kerim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back