Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linux on SH4 Solution Engine MS7751RSE01.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmtr

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently, i have to run linuxs on a superH-4 test-board (Solution Engine MS7751RSE01). but i am new guy in linux and embeded system.Can somebody give some informations about it. maybe i will write some drive on it. it is terrible. :cry:
My questions:
which linux core or version should i use? which tools should i use? which knowleges should i know? and which forum is best and so on.
Any information and expericences are welcome.

Currently, I'm also facing almost the same problem as you. Meanwhile, I'm using Montavista Embedded Linux running on ARM Integrator board with ARM920T core.

Right now, all I can say is that, commerical embedded linux is board specific. And documentaion has always been a problem for me.

Thus, I would suggest you start learning the basic linux OS and then proceed to programming in linux environment.

Some of the websites is pretty good. Try www.linuxdevices.com

Hi,

Hi,
could you tell me which processor core is on your borad?

QNX

Hi,
you can also try QNX. It is a linux like embedded OS but it has many development tools too and supports SH4. Unfortunately it is not totally free but you can download a free version for test.

Official

Hi,
VxWorks has also a good support and tools for SH4, as a commercial product.

Thesel sites are for SH-Linux:
http://www.sh-linux.org/
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

thank your informations, but i try to use the ecos os from redhat. it is free and support shx series, can anyone give some good forum about ecos?

Status
Not open for further replies.