Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux interfacing with GPRS Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep_emb_linux

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have pxa255 arm target board with linux on flash and built on GPS Receiver and GPRS modem. I want to write a program which will read the NMEA string from GPS receiver serial port and send it to the server via gprs modem through internet.
I did the first part of reading the NMEA string, extractting the values.
Now how do I send the gprs packet. Here I think I will have to use socket programming. But how do i write it?

Hi
As I understand
If your GPRS modem supports TCP/IP so you just need to use AT commands to send data to the GPRS modem and it'll do the rest.
just search for GPRS on Edaboard "Embedded and Microcontroller"and you'll find much information

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

No. The module in GPRS Modem doesn't have TCP/IP stack. May be pxa255 controller has tcp/ip stack in it.
Now how do I enable TCP/IP to run over serial link so that I can transfer data.?

Hi,
I used SIMCOM GPRS Modem to connect to our server. Then I could successfully sent text data to the server. BUt I didn't establish ppp link. I just used AT commands for TCP/IP applications. I wanted to know when do we need to establish ppp over gprs??when do we write ppp and chat scripts?

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back