Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux Installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ana

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi frnds,

I have got a problem during the installation of Linux fedora care 1......
I have two hard disk among which one is compleletly empty and formatted for linux....
but problem arises when I insert my first cd...
it says "Partition is inconsistent" this error occur before I chose the hard disk where I want the installation to take place....
what should I do...
please guide..

Thanks in advance..
- Ana

use partition magic for verify and formatted hard disk

enjoy

you can also use qtparted.it is open source and free.

instead of using disk druid for partitioning manually partition ur both hddisks
and properly format manually both the hddisks with one hdds partition making root point and swap partition....

Usually it shows the existing partitions and provisions to modify it. You should have a root filesystem (/). The SWAP filesystem is optional, but RedHat clones seems to be picky about the SWAP partition and its size. So once you install LINUX you can change SWAP from a partition to a local file.

You better run fdisk though the installation utility or on one of the terminals available with the utility. Try to create a SWAP partition with almost double the size of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.