Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux display problem in C@dence IC5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aigneryu

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My linux platform is composed of Epox 8RDA+ with nForce2 ultra chipsets, AMD Barton 2500+ CPU, 1GB DDR400 MEM, and Gforce2 Ti graphic adaptor with 64MB DDR video memory. The OS is linux RH 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18

While using the c@dence IC5, I found that when I open one window, everything is OK, but when I open more than one window such as waveform plot, schematic, or layout view. the system would become very very slow, even though there are only few objects in that window.

I thought my video card should be enough to handle this task BUT it seems that it's not able to do it. What probably i sthe problem? Does anyone encountered this display problem before?

By the way, the installation of Linux ran smoothly, and the system told me that the video card was successfully recognized. Is there any possibility that the AGP doesn't be properly activated?

slow display problem

Slow display with geforce, But Fast display with Radeon.

I don't know why.

But,I suppose that's driver optimization problem.

Thanks

I also surfed the same problem;
The markers on waveforms moves very slowly in respect to mouse speed!

I see this problem with ati rage 128 32MB; with nvidia geforce2 mx 64MB the refresh rate increased (with native Xfree86 driver) but the problem does not solved completely!

I think this problem is related to xfree86/HW driver.

hi,

as i know i/c/5 can run with 24bit or 8bit color depth. maybe you try the 8bit color setting?
i have suse8.2 in combination with P4, 2.56GHz, 512MB RAM; ATI Radeon 9700 128MB and i/c/5 runs perfect.

greetings,
hqqh

I had same problem but gone after updating program

c@dence has solutions, which is update I/c/5/ or 8-bit color setting.

Have good one

Status
Not open for further replies.