Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux - C embedded FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_hanks

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one give me the idea on following...

1. Advantage of Linux-c to use in Embedded hardware...?

2.Is it RTOS compline/ready..?

3.can you tell me in manner of percentage, how much linux-c is covering the todays product market...

Looking for your help...

TOM

Do you mean C programming under Linux for embedded?
BR,
Amr Ali.

Amr Ali, yes i am asking about C programming under Linux for embedded.

Well...
It is there & increasing. Its advantage is the advanatage of the open source, and alot of desktop lobrarues can be used for embedded applications.
BR,
Amr Ali

1. The advantage is that if you're developing a system with many devices you can benefit from the Linux OS to handle different devices using drivers, using OS scheduling, API's, networking services such as embedded servers (http, ftp,smtp), and so on, because Linux is free/open source and there are many of these software that you can use for your project.

2. Embedded linux is not RTOS, if you want RTOS you can use other like QNX OS.

3. There are many brands like Nokia and Motorola, that are succesfully using embedded linux for their devices. for more information you can check this:

https://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT7065740528.html

Regards...

Linux is a open source software and u can get a lot of utilities!

linux is a free os and you can find a lot of material on internet or here.

Status
Not open for further replies.