Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LINUX based network simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

armess

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
linux based network simulator

I have my final term project as LINUX based network simulator.
Can someone show me the direction as to how to go about it and what are the relavant books.
I need detailed information about event driven simulation of routing protocols as that is going to be the first presentation topic of my project.

linux based networking projects academics

Learn tcl/tk download ns2 compile it learn it (ns=network simulator 2)

can anybody help me out in setting up a GUI for the same nw simulator. pl let me know how to go about it.

Hi GUI in nwsimulator means i think its Network Animator (nam window).if u include coding abt nam u ll get the nam window for visualising the nodes movement and data flow etc....

The above website covers abt both ns and nam also

All the best
Goud

There is no gui in ns2 it sealf. But as far I culd remember there are a few third party programs that wore gui driven and culd generate ns2 scripts, there are a lot of ns2 bassed projects on sf.net so I'ld recomend U gues search http://www.sf.net[/] for ns2. There... think it was omnet++ it is a gui driven app.

plz give some info on event driven simulation of routing protocols.

Check out this site:
https://www.omnetpp.org/
download and install omnetpp you can get the source or a prebuild binary (there is a windows binary too) install the version apropriate for your OS and PC.
There are a few pdf files describing event driven simulation included in the download as well as on the web site posting them here wuld be a waiste of space.
p.s. omnet++ is an public-source project published under the Academic public License.

hi friends,

I feel this following also Network simulator useful for networking type of works

TOS SIM

go through this site help ful.Even we can install in Windows itself

http://www.tinyos.net/

Regards,
Gouds

I have downloaded the QT software and Glade software. please let me know that which one will be helpful to me.

I have downloaded the QT software and Glade software. please let me know that which one will be helpful to me.
What do you mean?
All you need is the ns2 package, this is basicly a console tcl/tk based simulator with a X gui for animating the resoalts aka nam(network animator), omnet++ is a think based on wxwidgets.
What depends on QT and what is Glade?

For a Linux binary you will need to compile these two packages, I daubth you'll find a precompiled version for your distro on the net.

basically all are designers. now if somebody can help me out in comparing about different designers viz. QT, NS2 & Glade. which one will u prefer and why?

Pleaseeeee...... help me out in event driven simulation of routing protocols

Please help me in distinguishing between GUI designers

Status
Not open for further replies.