Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linux and windows in same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmwing

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,
I have windows 7 in my labtop.i need to install linux also in my labtop.i know we can use vmware.i need a proper documentation how to do it.anybody has good vedio tutorials or any doc.please upload me.
regards
km

Re: linux and windows in same mechine

hi, in the net, there are so many resources about installing Linux(EVERY EDIT) in the VMware

Yes, if you google there are tons of examples.

I'd argue it would be better to do a partition on the hard disk and have them both installed properly, virtualization requires a good amount of hardware resources , so I wouldn't use it unless I knew for sure that all the functions I would use it for can be done properly this way.

Virtualization has almost the same performance, as long as you have additional RAM. This is because many processors now
have special capabilities designed to allow VMs to have a similar level of access to the CPU as the normal OS. Example is VT-X and AMD-V.
So, to have linux and windows, one solution is to use VMware, or Virtualbox. As people have mentioned, there are a lot of resources on
this via google. Just make sure you have double the RAM (4GB minimum) to do this. This is a ballpark; less than 4GB and it will be slow. 4GB is ok for
Windows and Linux but even more is better.

Thank you to everyone.i will try it friends...

hi friend,after installed vm ware,how can we install linux within the vmware?do u have any related doc or website?if u know any related website or doc pls upload

It is good if you check all this in net where you can get every information about this.

thanks raj. Those links are very usefull for me.good job raj.

Status
Not open for further replies.