Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux access NTFS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudliu

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I had mount a NTFS partition to my REHL3 system,but found that only read but write on this partition,can anybody tell me it's possible or not to write on ntfs partition.How to do it.Thanks!

It's so complicated ..... and however,it seems to be not used for REHL3.
Thanks all the same.

cloudliu go to www.linux-ntfs.org hope u will find the necessary packages for rehl3....but i dont think u can have write access for ntfs.....ne ways check it out....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blooz

blooz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i use captive and i have full access to the NTFS from fedora core 3 using the latest kernel (2.6) so i think it will work well with REHL3.[/quote]

Thanks everyone!
My hardware is pm+855pm+r9000,it seems should use i686 rpm-package.I just have run the i386 rpm-package but no response.

I only use FC5, when I want to access to NTFS, i install some rpm enable me to mount and access to my NTFS hard drive.

Hi camnarith,could you please tell me where to find the rpm packages?Thank you very much.

Its possible to write to the NTFS partition. For that there should be support from kernel to do that. Also there is some kind of NTFS utilities to support write access.

Ok, here is what i would do...

1) Try giving 777 permission to the path where your ntfs is mounted.
2) Disable SElinux, the cnfiguration file should be located at "/etc/selinux/conf" here change the SELINUX=Enable to Disable and reboot.

Let me know how it went.

Maybe you should recompile the kernel and selection the ntfs write opion

Status
Not open for further replies.