Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyadhadidi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wirte a project in Quartus that use one of the MegaWizard Plug-in blocks. (shift register)
MegaWizard say simulation library is altera_mf; so in modelsim after compile in "start simulation" window ,"libraries" tab, I add altera_mf to search libraries.
but this error come up
I'm new in ModelSim, what should I do?
Code:
cd {D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM}
# Loading project OFDM
# Compile of imagmul.v was successful.
# Compile of OFDM.v was successful.
# Compile of FSMsync.v was successful.
# Compile of shiftreg.v was successful.
# Compile of testbench.v was successful.
# 5 compiles, 0 failed with no errors. 
vsim -L altera_mf work.TestBench
# vsim -L altera_mf work.TestBench 
# Loading work.TestBench
# Loading work.OFDM
# Loading work.shiftreg
# Loading work.imagmul
# Loading work.FSMsync
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(87): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.lpm_hint.
#         Region: /TestBench/ins1/IMAG
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(88): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.lpm_type.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(89): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.number_of_taps.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(90): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.tap_distance.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(91): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.width.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(87): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.lpm_hint.
#         Region: /TestBench/ins1/REAL
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(88): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.lpm_type.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(89): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.number_of_taps.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(90): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.tap_distance.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) D:/My Desktop/Assignment7/OFDM/shiftreg.v(91): Unresolved reference to 'altshift_taps_component' in altshift_taps_component.width.
# Error loading design
verror 3043
# 
# vsim Message # 3043:
# The specified name in a simple or hierarchical reference cannot be found
# as an instance or object in the design.
#

There are a couple of things things to check:
1) Is the Altera library visible in ModelSim library window?
2) Is the library compiled?

I find problem
design is in verilog but library "altera_mf" is VHDL.
there is another library "altera_mf_ver" when I use this library, everything get along fine

do you know can I use this megafunction code in ASIC design?

no. the megafunctions are an altera library and only for use in altera fpgas.
for asic you will have to use the asic house's library or create your own library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…