Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linear sine source 50Hz, ~1A

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Any improvements on this...?

linear-current-sources-fromu.jpg

...too many T=10ms Switches

Last edited by a moderator:

Please find here the LTspice sim of the opamp current source.......(from the above post).
Its got too many T=10ms switchs (FETs)

Attachments

• linear current source_opamp.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 65

linear current source - 50Hz, 1A, small variac with step down Tx, say 230:50V with 12% leakage - this will give a great current source ....!

Thanks, sorry i should have said, this is a highly dynamically variable AC current source for zero-ing out the "Imbalance field error" in line/neutral conductors going through an RCD CT....in a mains distribution box.
The Line/neutral carry 32Arms and are injected separately (i may need a long time to explain this bit out)...they are not "balanced" , so we need the small extra source to do the "balancing".

sorry...as the imbalance changes with temperature etc...the current source i speak of has to sense the imbalance and constantly adjust current so as to avoid tripping the RCD....ie, we need it to be automatic, rather than a hand adjusted variac into a txfmr

This topology was suggested previously in one of your threads. Easy to achieve100 ppm current matching with respective transformer parameters.

1630144313006.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back