Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linear analog servo motor drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammar87

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello my friends
i am trying to build a linear analog servo drive for a servo motor and YES it is analog not a PWM for many reasons one of them :is that this drive is a part of control system i am working on and i want to reduce the noise to minimum.
so i dig the web and i found several power op amp: like L165,L2720, LM675,LM12
i am kid of confused because all i want is :
Class-AB linear power Amplifier with no distortion around zero
i am trying to use the power op-amp rather than power transistors to reduce the number of components and the issues related to them .
here is the motor specifications:
https://www.specamotor.com/en/Faulhaber/motors/2338-006S/datasheet_motor.html
i suppose to control the position in bi-direction.
the questions:
1-which power op-amp should i use?
2- is there a ready drive that i can buy ?
3-is this circuit correct to control the motor position in bi-direction?
**broken link removed**
any help will be more than appreciated

3-is this circuit correct to control the motor position in bi-direction?
If the opamp has a dual supply (positive and negative) then it will be able to turn the motor in both directions. But that circuit will give speed control, not position control. i.e. The motor will spin continuously at a speed set by the DAC output.

first i compare the set point with the encoder and give the difference to the controller (PID or LQR) then i output the control signal using DAC if the difference (setpoint-encoder)=zero i will have zero voltage from DAC and the motor will stop. am i correct ?

Status
Not open for further replies.