Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line width problem in pads 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgeorge123

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have problem in connecting two pads in pads layout 9.3 . In design rule under pads logic min. width is 0.1 mm , recommended is 0.2mm and max. is 0.3mm .
Tools -> pads layout is chosen and start to connect pads . short key w is pressed and 0.2 is entered . left mouse button is pressed and started to connected to another pad .After finished the line width is very narrow and is not 0.2mm . No matter how many times I tried the result is still the same , can someone help me ???

george

The conversion of units to 0.1mm results on ~4mils.
Take in mind that is not usual trakcs with that width.

Minimal width limit specified by manufacturers is generally 6mils.
I´m even not sure if there are some manufacturer that perform cuper corrosion so thin.

Its been awhile since I worked with Pads but I think there is a minimum visibility setting that will truncate any trace that is larger than setting. by changing the setting to lesser than your smallest trace width you should be ok.

eda

Try typing modeless command "r0.1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back