Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Line FIlter Design : AC mains

Status
Not open for further replies.

saumya_85

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to design a filter circuit for the below points :

I need to avoid any signal or noise for the below two frequency range 60 ~ 90KHz and 110 ~ 135 KHz ( or 150 KHZ)

AC mains : 90~300V AC / 2A

Could anybody help me out for the same or may suggest how to design the filter circuits ...

A filter has finite stop band suppression. Instead of saying "avoid any signal", you need to define an attenuation.

The filter will be usually a LC low pass filter. For an exact design, the load impedance should be known.

I need to design a filter circuit for the below points :

I need to avoid any signal or noise for the below two frequency range 60 ~ 90KHz and 110 ~ 135 KHz ( or 150 KHZ)

AC mains : 90~300V AC / 2A

Could anybody help me out for the same or may suggest how to design the filter circuits ...

yes

please decide the following b4 design

1. Power level of your converter

2. Choose best possible capacitor(Y type b/w line to ground and neutral to ground

3. Choose the crossover frequency

then

Find

1/root(LC)=wn

wn=2*pi*f

then find geta=Lwn/2RL (RL is load resistance)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.