Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

limitations on [Keils C51 IDE] EVALuation version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munib

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
as i know the limitation of [Keils C51 IDE] EVALuation version is that it will not compile program > 2k size
I want to know that whether this limitation is on compiled file size(*.hex) or on the program file size (*.c)? which file size should not be greater than 2K?

And regarding the file size is it the size shown by computer for that or there is any other calculation of it?

Munib said:
as i know the limitation of [Keils C51 IDE] EVALuation version is that it will not compile program > 2k size
I want to know that whether this limitation is on compiled file size(*.hex) or on the program file size (*.c)? which file size should not be greater than 2K?

And regarding the file size is it the size shown by computer for that or there is any other calculation of it?

As far as I know the produced compiled code size is limited to 2K this would be equivalent to 2K .bin size.

best regards

Salam,

keil C51 IDE Limitions

-In µVision2, you may only edit files that are smaller than 16K Bytes. Files larger than 16K Bytes are opened as read-only.

-The 8051 compiler, assembler, linker, and debugger are limited to 2 Kbytes of object code. Source code may be of any size.

-Programs that generate more than 2 Kbytes of object code will not compile, assemble, or link.

-The debugger supports 2K Byte files or smaller.

-The startup code generated includes LJMPs. Code generated cannot be used in single-chip devices that support 2K Bytes or less of program space.

-Programs start at offset 0x0800. Programs generated with the evaluation software may not be programmed into single-chip devices with less than 2K Bytes of on-chip ROM.

-No hardware support for multiple DPTR registers is provided.

-No support for floating-point arithmetic and no support for user libraries is provided.

-The following components which are present in the PK51 Full Version are not included in the Evaluation Version: Linker for Code Banking, Library Manager, and RTX51 Tiny Real-time Operating System.

So, the 2kb limit on the generated hex code, not in the c files (write what you want)
Note also, the programs start at offset 0x0800, so you can't use AT89C10(20)51 devices or any device with on-chip memory less that 2kb

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.