Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Limit of speed in rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

truebs

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sport.ocx

RS 232 standard for serial communication can be used for a mimimum data rate of ?
Is there any limit ? Or any smallest bitrate be used ?

rs232 limit

I think the minimum may be 110 bits per second. Well this is what it shows in my hyperterminal settings in windows. May be it can be less.

speed limit on rs232

Is it system dependent ?
My system also shows a minimum of 110 ,can it be still lower by some means ?

rs232 limit baudrate

I don't think it is system dependant. I think you can have any value of the baud rate but then if its not the standard ones, you won't be able to interface it to many devices. But if you plan to use it within a system fully designed by you then yes of course you can have any baud rate you want.

limitation of speed on rs232

truebs said:
Is it system dependent ?
My system also shows a minimum of 110 ,can it be still lower by some means ?

Sometimes it is system dependent, say you are using a microcontroller, then you have some loading values to control or set the baud rate of a system. Of course it is also sometimes system independent if you are the designer of the said system to load the baud rate.

standart rs232c+speed limite

I think the 110Kbaud limitation is due to the HW limitation on your PC.

If you have a expensive RS232 port capable of higher rates, you can use it!!

Also you must check if your drivers (SW) has support for high rates.

rs232 port limiter

try for the upper limit sport.ocx from eltima. it works at 240.000kbs!
i think this is most important, the lower limit 110 , but I think if you want a lower limit you can try to write a program yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back