Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Like a heating element - Is there a cooling element?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmtalsoul

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Two metallic strips can be used to heat up a liquid... likewise, is there any way i can use a metal to cool things up?

I think peltier is used in ic's and not for liquids but I am not sure.

Peltier devices can obviously be used to cool liquids. It just needs to be in good contact with a liquid container with good thermal conductivity.

>Two metallic strips can be used to heat up a liquid...
So can one metallic strip.

Peltier devices are used for 12Vdc refrigerators(as those used in RVs) and also to cool dish mounted equipment as LNAs. Actually they are a kind of junction one side gets hot and the other gets cool. The heat is "pumped" from one side to the other. Several devices back to back can be used.
I have read that they are reversible, that is if you invert the supply the cool and hot sides exchange places.

Thanks to everyone... I was looking around for such an effect but somehow forgot the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back