Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lights and doorlock remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

flare29

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
good day!

i have a project on lights and doorlock remote control

can anyone give me adivice on what i suppose to use?

i'm using PIC16f877a
and i would like to control (on/off and lock/unlock) the lights and doorlock respectively...

i would like to use a tv like remote control as my transceiver..is it possible?..
anyone pls help me..

thnx in advance

i'm using PIC16f877a
and i would like to control (on/off and lock/unlock) the lights and doorlock respectively...

i would like to use a tv like remote control as my transceiver..is it possible?..

There are really thousand ways in which you can do it.
I'll tell you my months long research ideas. I took a lot of time finding out the following.
1) Arduino> Arduino - HomePage
2) X10 technology> google it.
The x10 technology is used for home automation technology. You can control not just lights and doorlock but a lot of things then.
The uC u are using is nice. Try Atmel ATmega 328.
Its used in arduino. Its simple and also open source.

Next, to make the machine or uC understand analog signals (In case you are doing it automatically--on/off lights on light intensity levels, then you will need sensors--light sensors)

For any further help, reply.
If helpful, do tell. lol... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back