Not open for further replies.

Antonio10

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a WiFi router (2.4 - 2.5 GHz band) which will be deployed outdoor on a pole of height around 10-30ft. Antenna mounted on top of this router is vertical dipole type and it is about 3 inch long.

Related to this I would like to know :

1. For such mounting height (10-30ft) and antenna height of 3 inch over router, do we really need to use lightening/surge protector?

2. In case if we have to use surge protector, how do we select the best surge protector for WiFi applications?

3. On which standards does this surge protector should comply with ? Is there any standard document for surge protector used for WiFi applications?

4. Can anyone share the standard document with me which is applicable for such surge protectors?

Thanks for your help in advance.. Looking forward for very quick responses.:smile:

Cheers,
Antonio Bishop.

I would think about λ/4 stubs or high current gas discharge surge suppressors, like this **broken link removed**

To survive direct lightning exposure, the router possibly needs staggered surge protection. Mounting the antenna suffciciently below a lightning rod might increase it's chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…