Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light Dimmers working

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarishVenkPad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am designing a light dimmer, The dimmer works fine. But at times flickering occurs. I am using Triac. I connect a buzzer to it. The buzzer sound should increase in accordance to the light intensity level. When I connect the buzzer the flicker occurs and if I dont connect its smooth . Anybody can you help in this

can i see your circuit diagram?may be it will helpfull to solve the problem.....

Hi I am designing a light dimmer, The dimmer works fine. But at times flickering occurs. I am using Triac. I connect a buzzer to it. The buzzer sound should increase in accordance to the light intensity level. When I connect the buzzer the flicker occurs and if I dont connect its smooth . Anybody can you help in this
You never mentioned what dimmer are you designing. An AC dimmmer or a DC dimmer. Where are you connecting the buzzer and why particularely a buzzer? Why not a bulb or a LED? Posting your schematic may get you better answers.

A buzzer (the ones I know) operates by admitting current, then shutting off current, then admitting current, etc. This sets a plate vibrating many times a second.

It's designed to work on plain DC. It gets unpredictable when you connect one to AC or pulsed DC, of whatever frequency or duty cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.