Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light Dependent Resistor(LDR) tolerance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbtan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a solar tracker using 2 LDR and a op-amp as a comparator to compare the light intensity from LDR. Below is my schematic
solar-tracker-system-550x371.jpg
The problem is the LDR that I bought won't have exactly the same resistance when receive same light. There are some difference on the resistance especially at dark condition. The LDR difference can up to Mohm. while in light condition the difference is only about hundred ohm.
Can anyone help me solve the problem.

Thank You

Last edited:

LDRs are simple and cheap. They have a wide tolerance and their value changes with temperature change and with age. Sunlight and humidity destroy an LDR in a couple of years. Photo-diodes and photo-transistors are much better.

Sir, how should I use the photodiode as the sensor. Can you give me a refference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back