Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

License Plate Recognition System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer_khan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My project is a license plate recognition system. It consists of two modules, the first one is a license plate detection & tracking module, which consists of the camera to receive input and in this part, a portion of image processing is done, that is the license plate area is detected from the input image and send the reduced image to a server using wireless internet, further processing like character recognition from the received image are done on the server, which is the second module.

This is a brief description of the project that i am planning to do.

The problem is that i am not much aware about the hardware that are appropriate (needed) for the fist module of this project.

Can anybody please help me on which micro controllers or microprocessors are appropriate for this project for image processing (reducing images to license plate area) and wireless internet communication (to send that image to a server).

Kindly share with me, if anybody have links of resources related to this project (mainly hardware part)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back