Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Library setup and hold time requirements..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschaitanya

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Can anybody explains on what parameters library setup time and library hold time requirement depends/ characterize ?

In my case I pretty much observed a change in setup time requirement for a ram especially by adding buffer and without that..
Here is an example
By default:
library setup time -0.325

on added buffer:
library setup time -0.192

So, I cum to know Tran value shows major impact on setup time requirement . Is there any other parameters too impact this..

The setup/hold values in the library are characterised based on different transition values of clock and data (or addr or...) pins. No dependency on output load. And, for sure, these value are different in the different corners (different PVT conditions).

Thanks oratie..
I checked manually by changing output load there is no change in the setup time requirement.It remained same.yeah no dependency on output load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back