Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Library in Cadence PCB Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyassin

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb editor library

Hi,

Where can you find the component libraries in Cadence PCB Editor, so you can see the footprints?

Thank you

orcad pcb editor library

Hi,
To select some footprints go to:
>Place>manually
select Library in Advanced settings
select Package symbols in Placement List
Click Hide after selecting your componments
Good work.

pcb editor footprints

Hi

Thank you for the guidence.

To me it looks like there are really few package symbols compared to Orcad Layout. Is that true or am I mising something?

Regards

pcb editor footprint

I've noticed the same thing. Does anyone have an easy way to convet pcb layout footprints to pcb editor?

cadence pcb editor

hi Reid,

I am not sure where exactly it is(as it has been while since i used cadence software) but there is an export library option somewhere from where you can get all your layout footprints into a library folder.

Regards,
Ricky

orcad pcb editor footprint

i am also concerned with the small selection of standard footprint libraries.

does anyone know if there are some pre-made footprints available for download somewhere on the net?

for example, TSSOP or PLCC ? 44-pin ball grid?

Mr.Cool

import library cadence pcb

hi,

check out this link

it has a very good software made by richard.

footprints for allegro pcb editor are stored in a folder called symbols.
share->pcb-?pcb_lib->symbols
however they are stored in .drf fromat and i dont know how to read them...

Use Orcad layout translator, create *.max boards in orcad with all your footprints then run the translator on them to create a PCB Editor *.brd file, then you can save the footprints as *.dra files in the correct location. There is a manual for moving from Orcad to PCB Editor, I cant find my copy and its over 3 years since I did it and I can only remember the basics above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back