Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Liberty File statetable group: Unusable in RTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklikeroomys

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Halo,

I am trying to define a simple DFF in a Synopsis Liberty file used for synthesis. I want to define the cell using the statetable group of the .lib format because I want to define some more complex cells later on when I am familiar with the syntax.

I have written the code for defining the simple DFF but RTL compiler recognizes the DFF as unusable..

I cant find any faults in my coding, is there some switch that I need to set in RTL Compiler or should I add something to the .lib file?

Thank you!

Correction: I am trying to define a simple TFF (Toggle Flip Flop).

Last edited:

Whyyou didnot use liberty NCX or Encounter librarycharachterizer for generating a new Liberty File which contains your cell?
I think it is not a easy job to modify a liberty file and write the syntax and find the power and timing data ,manually!

Good luck.

This is the problem, ELC is not characterizing the cell correctly. It is a more complex flip flop with a combinational arc which I think I will need to define manually in the .lib file.
I am following the .lib user guide to define the cell and I get no errors when using libcompile to compile the library. However, RTL Compiler still wont use any cell defined with the statetable group.
Is RTL Compiler unable to recognize cells with the statetable group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back