Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG 60pk550, thin vertical lines on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickkins

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys.

Recently, my 4yr old plasma tv, LG 60pk550 has developed thin blue/greenish lines on the screen.

Started off as one line, then two, then none, then several, now holding at three.

If anybody has any ideas as to what and/or where the problem is, it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

The only known fix I've done myself for vertical lines on an LCD panel that are intermittent is reheating where the ribbon contacts the panel itself. There are generally sections of ribbon along the edge of the panel so find the one corresponding to the area of the end of the lines. Press on it to see if lines change. The ribbon is thermally "solder pasted" to the panel. Moving a soldering iron very quickly along the ribbon contacts could re-bond them or some kind of concentrated heat gun but would have to have small opening. Of course it could be the corresponding connector to the logic board itself. Those connectors generally 'flip out' to release or 'pull up'. They are very fragile so be careful.

Larry G

Thanks, I will give that a try.

I have the same problem with mine, did you ever figure it out?

I would like to know whether Horizontal lines are similarly caused. My LCD tv has horizontal lines that flicker and vibrate vertically as if the tv has lost vertical sync. The pictures and sound will be ok. But this flickering is much less when there is no signal. Only a little when there is the tv logo and a blue screen... Any Ideas?

More likely a digital signal processing issue, not the LCD display itself. All you could try would be flexing any ribbon type connectors to see if problem comes or goes. Not much other diagnostics that I am aware of. Larry G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back