Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"level" in spice model

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.azangoo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
level in spice model

i need info about "level" in spice models

and relation between transistor technology ( same as 1um) and level in spice models

are spice and hspice model different ?

with regards
arash

Added after 3 hours 4 minutes:

please help!!!

spice model

Level refers to accuracy. For instance, the JFET models are totally wrong. You are better off doing a hand analysis of JFET circuits.

spice models

i wanna know about relation between technology ( for example for 1um transistor) and level in spice model

specially can you say which level use for 1um transistor?

spice model what is level

Typical level numbering starting from 1 to 3 labels the detailed modelling of the MOS in berkeley spice. Today levels 1-3 are only useful only for academic education to show a link between textbook equations and caculation within spice. Later HSpice from MetaSoftware (now Synopsis) was the market leader and number further public and company improvements to level1-3. I am not shure but I think level47 in HSpice is the BSIM3v1. But for other simulators the same model is either a level number or a model identification string.

I would appreciate a cross reference list for different models and simulators.

Is there any one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back