Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

let's talk about vip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansprint

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys:
can you provide something about vip, i want to write a vip,can someone give me an example ,my email :hedajie@sina.com.cn

sansprint said:
hi guys:
can you provide something about vip, i want to write a vip,can someone give me an example ,my email :hedajie(at)sina.com.cn
VIP -> Verification IP, say you wrote a good piece of code (say in Vera, SystemVerilog etc.) for AHB interface that does:

--> generate AHB transactions
--> Monitors activity on DUT lines and captures outgoing transaction
--> Monitors DUT for any AHB protocol violations
--> Collects and reports functional coverage

and may be more.. That piece of code is technically speaking re-use able in all designs using AHB (It requires careful planning and architecture of the IP though). Such piece of code is often referred to as VIP. So if you want to develop VIP, I recommend you take a look at available ones to start with:

--> Synopsys has several VIP as part of their DesignWare
--> Opencores.org has several designs that comes with some testbench, think of making them into VIP.

Good Luck
Ajeetha
www.noveldv.com

about vip'features i had knew something ,but i find difficult in write vip in vera ,now my task is that ,can you tell me more about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back