Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lenovo g550 power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivmdhr

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear sir,

I have a customer laptop lenovo G550 laptop which has a power problem. I have just very little knowledge about chip level repairing.. but i did open all the laptop parts and look after all chips damaged... in that one i found one chip which was little bit disconnected... like so i soldered it tight... (LM393 8 legged chip). With battery it worked fine untill it has battery% ..When AC power is connected,it flickers (instantly disconnect and connect in just a second). after i soldered LM393 chips tight or not tight. While laptop switch is pressed on .. power is on for a while like 10 to 15 second.. FAN works for 2 to 4 seconds and LED light on's untill that time.. and after 10 to 15 seconds power LED also goes OFF. Could you suggest me what has happend.

Or how to test The chip (LM393) is functioning well or not.? The voltage stuff.... could you teach me the method of checking power flow in laptop motherboard.

note:

Windows work fine
cpu
memory all ok

Nepal

i see no body has idea to solve this problem... it's been a week...??

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

And i have found the problem.. the 8 leg LM393 Chip was loose and i just soldered it tight the problem is solved... ... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back