Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lef file(*.lef) format specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue1988

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i need the Cadence lef file(*.lef) format specifications. it is useful to me.dose somebody have one ?please attach it or
give a link .thanks!
best regards,

gen0357,
thanks,can you attache the file or give a link?i don't have one.

kumar_eee,
thanks for your document.regards.

Guys, I have a question regarding Cadence LEF format. If you're using Synopsys LEF format, you can have either strong or weak connections. Here is an example:

Strong connection

-----------------------
PIN A
DIRECTION INOUT ;
USE GROUND ;
PORT
LAYER METAL6 ;
RECT 48.86 0 54.18 3.64 ;
LAYER METAL6 ;
RECT 81.34 0 86.66 3.64 ;
END
PORT

Weak connection

-----------------------
PIN A
DIRECTION INOUT ;
USE GROUND ;
PORT
LAYER METAL6 ;
RECT 48.86 0 54.18 3.64 ;
END
PORT
LAYER METAL6 ;
RECT 81.34 0 86.66 3.64 ;
END
PORT

So the questions are.
1. How PnR tool handle this.
2. Has Cadence LEF something similar and if yes, the same question, how Cadence PnR tool handle this.

Thanks a lot.

Hi SSTA,
We using the cadence lef.But all i find in the lef file is the strong connection.I have not seen the weak connection. Sorry for that.

Hi SSTA,
We using the cadence lef.But all i find in the lef file is the strong connection.I have not seen the weak connection. Sorry for that.

Thanks for the info, blue1988. So you meant that you never met Cadence LEF with weak connections, right?

Thanks for the info, blue1988. So you meant that you never met Cadence LEF with weak connections, right?

yes ,never met the weak format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back