Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEDs not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew2468

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I’m working on making grow lights. I mounted the LEDs to the starboards, checked the LEDs with my multimeter, all good. I mounted the starboards to my panel, tested the LEDs again, all good. I soldered the wires connecting the starboards and tested the connections, all good. I connected the LEDs to my driver, plugged it in, and they all worked. A day later, I plug it in again, and now only four LEDs are working—two on one end and two on the other, all the ones in between are out. I used my multimeter to test all the LEDs with the diode tester and they still work. What am I missing?

LEDs: Forward Current: 350 mA; Forward Voltage: 2.2 V; Power Rating: 2 W. I have 14 LEDs in series. Driver is 350mA constant current 28-100VDC 35 Watt

Hi,

you have 14 LEDs in series ....and only 2+2 work?

Show photos of your wiring. And tell us which is which (input output, cathode, anode,...)
Then we can tell what measurement you should do to debug the circuit.

Best: Use a picture with good resolution, reduce the color qualitiy to get less than 1MB, show them as thumbnail.

Klaus

The little stars do not provide enough cooling for the LEDs in between the ends when the current is full blast.

You should add resistors to it if you do not want to burn diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back