Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED which could show the communication line status

Status
Not open for further replies.

umesh49

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have been designing a board on which I need to place a LED which could show the communication line status. I am just looking for some data shich could provide me typical luminous intensity/brightness required. My board will not exposed to natural sunlight and product meant to work in indoor envirnment.

Umesh.

LED Intensity!

Hi,
all better LED data sheets have it and exactly for your specific diode.
You must select some from your local shop & try for data...
K.

Re: LED Intensity!

If it's just an indicator LED you should get good results with 5mcd under the conditions you describe. Almost all LEDs will be bright enough.

Brian.

LED Intensity!

There are many led's available in the market which are bright enough to be visible in bright sunlight. Juts choose the one you need. Cheers

LED Intensity!

I have maximum current limitation of 4mA to LED. I have chosen a green color led which is defined to produce 3.5mcd intensity for this current. I am not sure whether it will be bright enough for my application.

Umesh.

LED Intensity!

Hi,
because the eye is most sensitive for green wavelength_maybe it will be enough shiny...
k.

Status
Not open for further replies.