Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] LED flash with pic 12f1822

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Lima

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people, I really need your help, how to configure the timer0 of pic 12f1822 to flash a led at a frequency of one second using CCS Compiler? **broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Solution
Is this a new problem?
Did you solve your previous one? If so what was the error?
Also you have not read (or not understood) my previous post (#7) as you don't declare 'cnt' to be volatile.
Is your question now 'how to set up a timer'? If so then I'd start with a 'flash a LED' level program and get the timer working with that. (I'm not saying more now as I have no real idea what you are asking.)
Susan
Hello Aussie Susan, This is not a new problem, it's just a continuation of the previous one, this one now depends on the previous one which is to use timer0 to time, so I wanted to make a program to flash an LED' and make the timer work with that, this last program worked in simulation and in practice, but I don't know if the...
Hello people, I really need your help, how to configure the timer0 of pic 12f1822 to flash a led at a frequency of one second using CCS Compiler? **broken link removed**
My problem was not solved, they didn't help me at all, I don't know if they understood me, it was a simple code for those who understand microcontroller code, I delivered the code ready, just wanting to change the type of count that was external from 60Hz to internal using timer0, but I'm very grateful for the help, even if it wasn't helpful. Thank you stay with God.

Your crystal is 32MHZ.
Set TMR1 to use the internal clock as its source,
Set TMR1 pre-scaler to 8
Load the value 0xBEE9 in to TMR1. (TMR1H = 0xBE; TMR1L = 0xE9;)
Enable TMR1 interrupts and then GIE.

You now have an interrupt after 0.016663 seconds (= 60.01Hz)

Inside the ISR, reload TMR1 with the same value again then set a variable, lets call it "SixtyHz".

Now in the main() code loop keep checking to see if "SixtyHz" has been set, if it has, reset it and us it in the same way you used your external 60HZ signal.

Brian.

Your crystal is 32MHZ.
Set TMR1 pre-scaler to 8

Inside the ISR, reload TMR1 with the same value again then set a variable, lets call it "SixtyHz".

Now in the main() code loop keep checking to see if "SixtyHz" has been set, if it has, reset it and us it in the same way you used your external 60HZ signal.

Brian.
Hi, I made the code, I'm going to change the old timed photocell code.
I don't understand why this message appeared, since I'm using pic 12f1822 and not this [PIC16 CORE] PC=0x0074. TRISA instruction is deprecated for PIC121822. [U1], do you know what it means? and about turning on an LED at the grid zero crossing using pic 12f1822
Code:
#include <main.h>
int contador = 0;
#INT_TIMER1
void  TIMER1_isr(void)
{
contador++;
if(contador==1)
{
output_toggle(pin_a5);

contador = 0;
}
set_timer1(3036); // 0,5 segundo
clear_interrupt(int_timer1);
   }

void main()
{
   setup_adc_ports(sAN1|sAN2|sAN3);
   setup_adc(ADC_CLOCK_INTERNAL);
   setup_timer_1(T1_INTERNAL|T1_DIV_BY_8);      //524 ms overflow
   set_timer1(3036);

enable_interrupts(INT_TIMER1);
   enable_interrupts(GLOBAL);

//0,5s = 1us x 8 x(65536- carga TRM1)
// carga TRM1 = 65536 - 500000/8us
// carga TRM1 = 65536-62500
//carga TRM1 = 3036

while(TRUE)
{
  }
    }

Your crystal is 32MHZ.
Set TMR1 pre-scaler to 8

Brian.
Hi, I made the code, I'm going to change the old timed photocell code.
I don't understand why this message appeared, since I'm using pic 12f1822 and not this [PIC16 CORE] PC=0x0074. TRISA instruction is deprecated for PIC121822. [U1], do you know what it means? and about turning on an LED at the grid zero crossing using pic 12f1822
Code:

Code:
#include <main.h>
int contador = 0;
#INT_TIMER1
void  TIMER1_isr(void)
{
contador++;
if(contador==1)
{
output_toggle(pin_a5);

contador = 0;