Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] led driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosfet123

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi;

I want to run 6pieces serial power led with 24 V DC 700mA. So ı need current limitter circuit. İs anyone advice to me? Which parts i have to use .

If you have 6 led strips, with a total power of 24*0.7 = 16.8W. You can put 6 current limiting resistors in every strip, every resistor has to be 5W.
--- Updated ---

If you have 6 led strips, with a total power of 24*0.7 = 16.8W. You can put 6 current limiting resistors in every strip, every resistor has to be 5W.

Actually ı want to use smps circuit

LM 2596 is what I have been using, but you will still need a resistor. You can raise the voltage or use a 1R resistor with a small voltage drop. It depends how much will be the drop over your LEDs.

Do you have schematic with LM2596. I use 6 pieces high power led at 700mA each one about 3V. They will connect series

Hi,

the schematic for LM2596 is given in it´s datasheet. What else do you need?

Klaus

I want to to fixed 700mA. It generate fixed voltage. How can i do fix700mA. 6 Series led about 18V DC

Thanks. I have one more question. My leds totaly voltage are variable according to led brands it gets 16,8V to up to 18. Should i choose maksimum value ?

Hi,

internet search: "700mA LED driver"
internet search: "700mA LED driver schematic"
internet search: "lm2596 constant current"
internet search: "lm2596 constant current LED schematic"

Many thousands of hits, even videos. As far as I see exacly what you want.

Didn´t you try an internet search before posting? What´s wrong with the results?

Klaus

Thanks. I have one more question. My leds totaly voltage are variable according to led brands it gets 16,8V to up to 18. Should i choose maksimum value ?

Yes, in the design tool max Vled, min Vsupply what you should use. But then
check power and thermals with max Vsupply.

Regards, Dana.

Hi,

internet search: "700mA LED driver"
internet search: "700mA LED driver schematic"
internet search: "lm2596 constant current"
internet search: "lm2596 constant current LED schematic"

Many thousands of hits, even videos. As far as I see exacly what you want.

Didn´t you try an internet search before posting? What´s wrong with the results?

Klaus
Already i have searched. İf you dont know ı explain to you. Constant current different than constant voltage. Lm2596 usually use constant voltage. Do you understand.

Hi,

I´m an electronics designer for decades now. Thus - Yes, I understand.

And I understand that LM2596 usually is used for voltage control. Usually.
And I understand that an LM2596 may as well be used for current control. (Maybe you don´t understand. )

And there are many solutions/schematics/documents/even videos in the internet doing exactly this - current control.
Doing 700mA constant current LED control. This is what you need. (as far as I understand)
They easily can be found with the above internet searches.

* they fulfill your requirement of post#1: 24V input 700mA LED current limiter
* they fulfill your requirement of post#3: SMPS
* they fulfill your requirement of post#6: they show the according LM2596 schematic
* they fulfill your requirement of post#8: constant current of 700mA into an (about) 18V load.

Klaus

Last edited:

Dear Klaus

you may a designer . But It is the best way to talk and discuss a topic. even better to talk face to face. You should learn these before becoming designer. Topic is closed. good deeds

Thanks to everyone who wrotes

Status
Not open for further replies.