Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Controller Board Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespucci

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I would need some help identifying the little controller circuit board which was connected before a LED.

It is a Transom Light of a boat with a 5mm blue LED. It was connected to 12V(13.4V) and hit by a lightning surge. The LED itself was tested and is still ok but at the output of the board we have 0V.
Can somebody identify the board or the parts?

Thanks,
VESPUCCI
--- Updated ---

Hello.

I would need some help identifying the little controller circuit board which was connected before a LED.

It is a Transom Light of a boat with a 5mm blue LED. It was connected to 12V(13.4V) and hit by a lightning surge. The LED itself was tested and is still ok but at the output of the board we have 0V.
Can somebody identify the board or the parts?

Thanks,
VESPUCCI
100.TransomLEDboard.jpg
100.TransomLED.jpg

The resistor is clearly open circuit. There is a good chance it will work if you replace it. If you can read the numbers on the other devices we may be able to help with the value you need to buy.

Brian.

Sorry, it seems they printed the numbers in black on black background... With bare eyes nearly nothing is to see. I already tried to enhance the pic. May be this one is a little better.
The first is : KJE, the resistor is: 10X, then another KJE and the last one I only can read: 12
On Friday I will have a look at another module, I have six of them, may be I can read more on one of them.

Attachments

• IMG_4700-2.jpg
    IMG_4700-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65

The numbers are actually etched into the plastic, they are not printed with ink but I appreciate they can be difficult to read sometimes. The number on the resistor is what we really need but there seems to be a burn mark partly destroying the print. There also appears to be a burn on the left side between one of the solder pads and the transistor. This may have been caused by the high voltage arcing across so it should be cleared away before powering it up again.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.