Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning Data Converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_Semi

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab data converters by maloberti franco

Hi ALL,

I would like to learn data converters, so can any one recommend a good introductory book to start with ?

Thanks in advance

i think there is a data conversion book by Razavi , i didnt read it or have it but Razavi is the best :D
title:principles of Data Conversion System Design

Book Description
This advanced text and reference covers the design and implementation of integrated circuits for analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. It begins with basic concepts and systematically leads the reader to advanced topics, describing design issues and techniques at both circuit and system level. Gain a system-level perspective of data conversion units and their trade-offs with this state-of-the art book. Topics covered include: sampling circuits and architectures, D/A and A/D architectures; comparator and op amp design; calibration techniques; testing and characterization; and more!

From the Back Cover
Electrical Engineering/Circuits and Systems Principles of Data Conversion System Design This advanced text and reference deals with the design and implementation of integrated circuits for analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. It begins with basic concepts and systematically leads the reader to advanced topics,describing design issues and techniques at both circuit and system levels. Key topics covered include:

* Sampling circuits and architectures and D/A and A/D architectures
* Comparator and op amp design
* Calibration techniques, testing, and characterization
* Circuit techniques for high-speed and high-precision applications
* An explanation of issues in CMOS, bipolar, and BiCMOS technologies

This book will appeal to engineering students in the field of circuits and systems, as well as design engineers who want to gain a system-level perspective of data conversion units and their trade-offs. Behzad Razavi is a technical staff member at AT&T Bell Laboratories in Holmdel, New Jersey. He has had several IEEE papers published, including: "A 12-bit 10-MHz BiCMOS Comparator," "Design Techniques for High-Speed, High-Resolution Comparators," and "Low-Voltage Techniques for High-Speed Digital Bipolar Circuits." Dr. Razavi earned his Ph.D. and M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University and his B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Tehran University of Technology. Also of Interest from IEEE Press

hi..

for learning data converter u can refer microelcronics by "sedra & smith"

If you can buy Analog-Digital Conversion form ANAlog Devices, do it!!

and chapter 10 of

CMOS Analog Circuit Design by Phillip E. Allen, Douglas R. and Holberg, Allen!!

you can download the clean edition of "Principles of Data Conversion System Design ", which was upload by me, enjoy it.

for Razavi's book

Reactions: kapd

kapd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
also you may read "Kin Martin"

What type of your data converter? You can read razavi's book.

You can learn matlab first , it will help me to know the ADC system

razavi's book is good

Hello.

If you want to study data converters from ground, I recommend

Johns&Martin "Analog Integrated Circuit design" and razavi "Principles of Data

Conversion System Design". However, if you want to study specific data

converters such as pipeline ADC or oversampling ADC, other books will be better.

ljw108 said:
Hello.

If you want to study data converters from ground, I recommend

Johns&Martin "Analog Integrated Circuit design" and razavi "Principles of Data

Conversion System Design". However, if you want to study specific data

converters such as pipeline ADC or oversampling ADC, other books will be better.

Hi
Baker's CMOS:Mixed signal circuit design is a good book

Martin or Razavi or P.R.Gray's books are all great for learning!

baker is the best for the first step ;)

Data Converters by Franco Maloberti is also a good book,though there are some errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back