Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning ARM and Embedded Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RishabhG

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a B.Tech third year student. I am interested in Embedded Systems. My University is offering two courses in which I am interested:Embedded System Design and Advanced Microcontrollers(ARM).
I have already taken Embedded System Design. Is it alright if I take Advanced uCs also in this semester itself or should I take it after completing the Embedded course?

I consulted one of my professors;he said not to take both the subjects in the same semester. But the thing is I am not sure if the same courses will be offered next semester. It is really confusing.

Please help me out.

Well it really depends on the content of the Embedded System Design course. If this course has the basics how microcontroller are working than it is better to start with this. If you already fully understand how a normal microcontroller is working, than you should be able to understand the Advanced Microcontroller course in parallel. Both together without full understanding of a microcontroller will be most likely too much at once.

Enjoy your teaching course!

I have already completed a course on Microcontrollers in which we learnt to program 8051 in assembly

I have already completed a course on Microcontrollers in which we learnt to program 8051 in assembly

Are there schools offering online courses for learning ARM or Embedded Systems or Microcontrollers?
I am very interested.

I have found the Valvano series to be quite good:

Embedded Systems: Introduction to Arm Cortex-M Microcontrollers

Embedded Systems: Real-Time Interfacing to Arm Cortex-M Microcontrollers

Embedded Systems: Real-Time Operating Systems for the Arm Cortex-M3

The Valvano series utilizes the TI Stellaris ARM Development Boards for the lab exercises, however the examples and exercises can be readily ported to a different manufacturer's line of ARMs.

Also Hitex offers several tutorials in PDF format, covering the ARM devices from several different manufacturers:

Hitex Download Insider's Guides

BigDog

@backdrill I did it in my University. Well there are some video lectures from NPTEL;search :NPTEL Microcontrollers and Microprocessors in youtube

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.