Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

learn image processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhrm.electronic

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want learn image processing how can i start i need image processing for robotic Purpose
thanks

helu,

the image processing you'll be using is for robotic purpose, right?

but you any methods of image processing?

even if its a video taken flicks?

got no clue????

A good book is Digital Image Processing by Gonzalez & Woods

Actually for Robotics you will be needing concepts relating to Computer Vision, while the Gonzalez book mentioned above is inclined towards Image Enhancement, Image Compression, and gives very little mention of Object Recognition or Vision related applications.

I would recommend picking up 'Computer Vision' by Ponce & Forsyth....and ofcourse you can go through the first 4-5 chapters of 'Digital Image Processing WITH MATLAB' by Gonzalez & Woods. The second book is to get you started with some actual programming using Matlab Image Processing Toolbox....but the first one is what you really need.

Finally if you have a good internet connection, you can check out Professor Avideh Zakhor (UC-Berkeley) Video lectures (again these don't cover Computer Vision, which is what you really need - still the first 10 or so lectures cover the concepts of 2D Signal Processing at some length, which should be pretty useful):

http://www-video.eecs.berkeley.edu/~avz/video_225b.html

Hope this helps!

I think Matlab would be a good tool for your simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back