Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

leaky wave antenna simulation using the FDTD method

Status
Not open for further replies.

aashik

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
if any one working on leaky wave antenna .please help me with fdtd to design this type of antenna .provide me with some books and numerical technique

Hello, i am doing about leaky wave antenna simulation using the FDTD method. Any body help me to give algorithm leaky wave antenna simulation using the FDTD method? Or any body have used XFDTD software? I need some one to help me because i am doing my project.

Check the following paper

This paper appears in: Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Transactions on
Issue Date : Aug 1997
Volume : 45 , Issue:8
On page(s): 1294 - 1301
ISSN : 0018-926X
References Cited: 21
INSPEC Accession Number: 5674616
Digital Object Identifier : 10.1109/8.611250
Date of Current Version : 06 August 2002
Sponsored by : IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society
Abstract

The finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method is used to analyze a dielectric leaky-wave antenna comprising metal strips etched on a rectangular dielectric rod. The radiation patterns of the leaky-wave antenna with and without the transition are determined by using FDTD. The effects of the launching discontinuity on the performance of the antenna are discussed. In addition, the application of the perfectly matched layer (PML) technique to the three-dimensional (3-D) dielectric waveguide and its performance, compared to those of the Mur's (1981) first-order and super-absorbing Mur's first-order absorbing boundary conditions (ABCs) are described. In addition, the effects caused by perturbation on the wave propagation characteristics of dielectric waveguide are also discussed. The FDTD results are verified by a W-band experiment and found to be in good agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back