Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDO Small signal analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

duddface

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
small signal analysis of ldo

It would be an understatement to say how much i have benifited from the slew of information that is available on this forum on EDA techniques. Having said that,I would like to be able to use the available small signal AC analysis to evaluate any given OTS(Off the shelf) LDO for its major attributes such as ;

1. Output noise- VONOISE- nV/Hz^2
2. PSRR
3. Gain Band Width of the error amplifier
4. open Loop Gain

Would any of you experts out there be aware of such a once stop test method?I am kicking the tires here with a device model of a LinTech LDO. I am injecting the AC signal in to the inverting pin of the Opamp instead of the traditional injection point on the Non-inverting pin through the AC coupling cap. And I am looking at the VDIV. That ways I still have the AC path for the loop open and I can affect the loop compensation. But I notice that my Opamp is not biased properly any more. I have the schematics attached herewith. Any help in any form would be greatly appreciated!.

Thanks again,
Analog NooB

Status
Not open for further replies.