Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDMOS Silvaco Mixed Mode simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnoli

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any one can help me to debug what's the problems of the mixedmode in silvaco simulation?
following are detial mixed mode program:
go atlas

.BEGIN
Vin 1 0 2.8
A1 1=gate 2=drain 0=source 0=FP1 0=substrate infile=LDMOS.str width=1.0e5
Cin 1 0 80pF
Vout 2 0 28
#
.MODEL A1 nmos is=1.e-17 bf=100 cje=1f tf=5ps cjc=0.3f rb=100 \
rbm=20
.nodeset v(1)=2.8 v(2)=28

.numeric VCHANGE=0.25 IMAXDC=50
.options m2ln print
.save outfile=LDMOS_DC
.END
#

#
# RFLDMOS - trans simulation
#
go atlas

.BEGIN
Vin 1 0 2.8 pulse 0 2.8 0 1ns 1ns 40ns 80ns
A1 1=gate 2=drain 0=source 0=FP1 0=substrate infile=LDMOS.str width=1.0e5
Cin 1 0 80pF
Vout 2 0 28
#
.model A1 nmos is=1.e-17 bf=100 cje=1f tf=5ps cjc=0.3f rb=100 \
rbm=20
.options print

#.NET V1 V2 DEC 10 9.2e8 9.6e8 Z0=50
.log outfile=LDMOS_trans
.load infile=LDMOS_DC

.tran 1ns 500ns

.END
#
# Atlas models
#
MODELS DEVICE=A1 mos
IMPACT DEVICE=A1 REG=1 SELB
METHOD CLIM.DD=1e4 DVMAX=1e6

go atlas
tonyplot LDMOS_trans_tr.log
quit

##################
I don't konw no log file and include some warning :1,Solution does not converge to given accuracy, taking smaller bias step. Bias sted reduced 1 times
2,Mesh specification is not complete. No Output is possible 25

any one can help me ,thank you very much

Why do you define A1 element as both device to be simulated by Atlas, and as a SPICE elements?
That does not make any sense to me...
Also, I do not see .DC statement for the DC solution.

I check the program of atlas example-bjtex09, which define the BJT with atlas and spice
Could you please help how can i change the program?

- - - Updated - - -

I check the program of atlas example-bjtex09, which define the BJT with atlas and spice
Could you please help how can i change the program?

I do not have access to the examples library, and I do not use Silvaco tools now.

Are you sure that you have the correct the *.str file, defining the structure of the simulated device?

Yes,I'm sure, I simulated it with athena, and load it in the atlas, I can get Vth,BVdss, Rdson and so on.

Hey, the example bjtex09 (**broken link removed**) contains
two Atlas devices - ai and an, and two SPICE bipolar instances - qi and qn.

There are four bipolar devices in total, and none of the Atlas elements (instances) is also defined as SPICE instance.

So, fix your Atlas mixed mode deck, and re-run it - you should get meaningful results now (unless you have some other errors).

Maxim
-----------

Hey, How can I set the program same as bjtex09, I'm a new for mixedmode, the only purpose it add .str file with .trans simulation
attached is bjtex09 file circuit, I don't know how add qi and qn bjt to 0 4 8 7 and 0 5 6 7 net, why did the program add minus voltage in NPN BJT base?

- - - Updated - - -

无标题.png
Hey, How can I set the program same as bjtex09, I'm a new for mixedmode, the only purpose it add .str file with .trans simulation
attached is bjtex09 file circuit, I don't know how add qi and qn bjt to 0 4 8 7 and 0 5 6 7 net, why did the program add minus voltage in NPN BJT base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back