Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] LCD TV display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyckts

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My LCD TV display is having problem (No Video at all only black screen appears audio is there)..Authorised service centre engineer reports part discontinued so cant support. But a local service guy reporting display need to replaced.so it will cost around 12K to replace. For this price I can go for a new TV itself. I want to know is it possible to solve the problem with lesser cost? Why Authorised service centre is not helping in my case? I'm in Chennai, India.

Brand: LG
Model No: 32LG60UR (2008)

Backlight works when the screen is black?

Take the back off, switch it on in a dark room and look for light around the back of the display. If you can see light it means the backlights are working and you have a video fault. If no light is 'leaking' out, the problem is almost certainly the high voltage inverters or the power supply to them. They provide the voltage to run the fluorescent tubes that provide the light behind the LCD, without them the sceen will always seem black.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back